Group Supported Employment
This group service provides consumers with an on-site supervised work environment in a community employment setting.
- Group Supported Employment is provided in an integrated community work setting
- To promote community integration with other members of the workforce and provide paid work
- Provides members the opportunity to work in an environment that allows for maximum interaction among diverse populations
- Helps members maintain positive work habits, attitudes, skills, and work etiquette directly related to their specific employment
- Provides each member with ongoing training and onsite supervision
The goal of the service is to promote community integration with other members of the workforce and provide a paid work experience. Such settings may include: a community business or qualified vendor-owned/rented facilities that are used primarily to serve the public and employ members (e.g. retail stores, restaurants, etc.).